Why?: Powerful Answers and Practical Reasons for Living LDS Standards
"I have always been the one to tell my friends, 'because the prophet said so.' Now with this book, I can actually give them doctrinal reasons why.” — Brooke, 14
"Some songs on my iPod had swear words. My dad and I read the chapter 'Why Does the Music I Listen to Matter?' It was really interesting. I decided to delete the songs with the bad words. I think it's important to have the Holy Ghost.” — Steven, 12
“This book uses humor and scriptures together to relate to youth. It will help anyone with any problem.” — Brad, 15
Now, the most important answers for LDS youth ages 12 to 18 can be found in one book. The authors use quotes from Church leaders, informative real-life stories, and colorful graphics to engage the minds of teenagers. Most important, this invaluable book gives readers, including leaders and parents, the doctrinal “whys” to back up the standards found in the For the Strength of Youth pamphlet.
Features answers to more than 100 questions, such as:
- Why do some people who break the commandments appear happy?
- Why shouldn't I just “try” alcohol, just so I can see what it tastes like?
- Why is wearing two pairs of earrings such a big deal? Or is it?
- Why is it wrong to steady date someone if we both have high standards?
- Why is 16 the magical age — is it all that different from 15?
- Why is pornography a big deal if it doesn't hurt anybody?
- Why shouldn't I wear flip-flops to Church?
- Why do some people who pay tithing still not have a lot of money?
- Why should I talk to the bishop about certain sins?